LOTS TO SEE, DO AND LEARN
Bass Strait Maritime Centre is a museum and historic home rolled into one…with captivating additions including one of the best shipping simulators in Australia, and an exhibition space that delivers a fresh new experience every time you visit.
Here you’ll find the histories of Bass Strait, and the City Devonport in one place. Where you’ll immerse yourself in our superb collection of shipbuilder’s models and explore local history via rare exhibits and tales of daring and resilience.
- Maritime Museum – featuring Bass Strait and local history collections.
- Captain’s Wheel- test your skills on one of the best shipping simulators in Australia.
- Public Programs – exhibitions, specialist talks, workshops and learning activities.
- Gift Shop – quality Tasmanian and maritime gifts, science kits, toys, and souvenirs.
- Licenced Café –Offering a delicious coastal menu and the best coffee in town!
NB: Marion Storm Café is an independent business, for bookings please call: 0422 284 779