Bass Strait Maritime Centre is pleased to offer a research service for individuals and organisations seeking to
explore Devonport’s local, maritime and Bass Strait histories.
Our records include:
- Local history library (catalogued).
- Maritime Library (catalogued).
- Indexes to local history files.
- Ship histories.
- Photographs of local, national and some international shipping.
- Photographs of early Devonport.
- Devonport Old Homes Collection of photographs depicting homes built before 1915.
Please note that our records do not include passenger lists and car logs.
Our research service is based on the information you provide, please ensure that your request includes
accurate information. BSMC can not be held responsible in matters relating to external error.
Fees & Charges:
We are pleased to respond to research enquiries from local schools and community members, these
requests are generally provided free of charge.
Extensive research projects and professional enquiries may incur a fee. In these circumstances, we will
provide you with a quote before undertaking the project. Quotes and invoices are provided in AUD and
inclusive of GST).
Document photocopies are available at a rate of $1 per A4 page and $2 per A3 page.
Postage is charged at current Australia Post rates.
Fees received from research requests support museum activities, your support is greatly appreciated.
Submit this form to make a request
- Banner Image: Kelly Slater
- Parallax Image: Group of men with cars on Stewart Street by A. W. Marshall. BSMC.2017.2046